Friday, 16 August 2013
PAIN OF LOVE
Scaring silent,
On a night like this,
Even the night gale remains silent,
As if joining me in my moaning,
The wind too refuses to blow,
And breathe consolation upon my visage,
Carved in sorrowful lines,
Tears of years remote.
Only thoughts,
Thoughts streaming like River Tana down the slopes of Mt. Kenya,
Building up,
Flooding, drowning the prequel of a day well spent,
Gushing out menacingly,
Hitting hard the walls of my mind.
It’s been months, it’s been years, it’s been ages;
In my mind it’s yesterday,
My heart tired to the vestiges of feelings once held,
The conjecture that two souls would become one,
A foolish surmise of a naïve heart,
Heralds of an exited amateur spirit,
Jumping needlessly, hopelessly,
Upon the camouflaged grandeur,
Of love that never was.
Who should I blame?
You, a deceptive façade of the evil within,
Fair face, sweet lips, witty words, flawless body,
Adorned with experience,
Stealing with lies, killing a unicorn; destroying a pure soul,
Who should I blame?
Me, drunk in the delusion of your enchantment,
Idiosyncratic in my pedigree,
What should I blame?
This unfair game,
Unfairly turning what’s unfair into fair,
What should I blame?
On a night like this,
On this balcony,
Where one soul stands two souls once stood,
Watching the moon seduce the earth,
Whispering sweet nothings,
On a night like this,
You used Cupid arrows,
Pierced my chest overwhelmed in elation,
Stole my pounding heart,
Raced through my dilated arteries,
And colonized my mind full of helpless hopes.
Had the stars mouths they would gossip,
About the battles fought,
On this balcony on nights like this,
My rationale against my feelings,
My feelings always winning,
Had the stars mouths they would gossip,
About my prayers to Athena,
For my conquered rationale,
The questions asked to the skies,
Whose answers you monopolize,
Had the stars eyes they would gossip,
About the tears shed
The pain of looking snobby, cavalier,
When I can’t allow another into a bosom,
That you patent.
Why, why, why did you leave?
I’m an orphan of love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment